July 1, 2011

Thank god for the Pac-12, NBA Lockout has arrived.

Have you checked out UtahJazz.com lately? You may have noticed something, there is no current Jazz players on there. Yup, the lockout is here.

We all saw this coming. We all new that the players and owners were far apart months and months ago, and we all know that no serious progress has been made. It sucks really, here are my thoughts.

*Ok first off, let me tell you that my knowledge on the lockout makes my knowledge on the draft look expertise, I don't know alot, mainly just what I have read in comments and other blogs.

At first it seems like most people get mad at the players. They call them lazy, rich, greedy, that they don't deserve the money and they are overpaid already. Then they sympathize for the owners, mainly the 22 who lost money last season. This is the easy stance to take, its pretty basic and makes sense.

But are the owners at fault? After all it is them that choose to make decisions that make Boozer, Lewis, Arenas and AK look like the best players in league history (they give them ALOT of money, that isn't earned)

Honestly, I don't even want to write about this, but it is super slow at work right now, so I might as well.

Who am I siding w/? No one, not right now atleast, I need to hear more from each side. But honestly, there is nothing that I can do, so why care?

I feel sorry for all the arena employees who may be out of work next season, w/ no fault at all to them. It sucks to be a fan as well, I mean, when it comes down to it all, we are the ones who help pay for it all- sigh, its going to be a long offseason.

ps- Happy Pac-12 day (and congrats to byu on going independent today), atleast Ill have something to occupy me this fall

-***I'm going to be doing a lockout journal. just short one day entrys on what is happening w/ the lockout. JWhen it is all over, I'll post it, like a timeline of the lockout or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment